Extra crispy Parmesan Garlic Fries are baked in the oven, instead of fried, for a healthier french fry recipe! Top these fries with a bit of garlic and parsley coating for the ultimate gluten-free side dish recipe.
Parmesan Garlic Fries are a match made in heaven. Turn that epic combo into these super crispy baked Parmesan garlic fries and you have yourself a super quick and easy-to-make side dish.
- What kind of potato should I use when making french fries?
- Russet potatoes are the best potato to use when making french fries!
- How thick should I cut potatoes to make french fries?
- Yes! I found that by cutting the potatoes into 1/2-inch wide, 1/4-inch thick slices as long as the length of the potato yielded the best results.
- Should I use aluminum foil or parchment paper when baking fries?
- Parchment paper all… the… way!! I have found parchment paper to be superior in all things baked and crispy. And they won’t stick the way they will on aluminum foil.
- Does it matter how I layer the fries?
- Absolutely. If you layer the fries in a single layer, meaning no overlapping fries!, you will get perfectly crispy french fries every time.
- Is it necessary to flip the fries while baking?
- If you leave the garlic fries in the same place throughout the entire baking process half of the fries will be super crispy and the other side will be ultra soggy. So yes, it is necessary to flip the fries halfway through the baking process for the most evenly crisped Parmesan garlic fries.
Looking For Other “Flippin” Amazing Recipes?
Head on over to our Recipe Index for over 1,200 recipes to try at home! The index is fully searchable by both category and ingredient. We hope you love our recipes as much as we do!
Show Us Some “Flippin” Love
Inspired by Evolving Table