Do you like baklava? Do you like cheesecake? Why not combine these two desserts and get an amazing dessert – BAKLAVA CHEESECAKE! This cake has so many layers, textures and flavors. At the bottom, crispy phyllo dough crust, then walnuts-pistachio mixture, then creamy and rich cheesecake, then another layer of nut mixture, then another layer of crispy phyllo dough and all this deliciousness soaked with honey syrup. This special dessert is perfect for holidays, birthdays and special occasions.
Tips for making this Baklava Cheesecake
- Feel free to use any nuts you want! Such as walnuts, almonds.
- Make sure to brush each circle of phyllo pastry before placing another one on top.
- Don’t drench your circles of phyllo pastry sheet with butter. Use just enough to spread a thin layer.
- Keep the shortbread crust refrigerated, or in the freezer before baking. Same thing with the baklava. Keep it cold at all times before transferring it to the top of the cheesecake before baking.
- Bake for about 1 hour, but make sure to check constantly, and if necessary, cover the crust with foil, in order to protect it from getting too brown.
- Let the syrup soak in fully before adding more. Make sure not to add hot syrup to the Baklava Cheesecake.
Looking For Other “Flippin” Amazing Recipes?
Head on over to our Recipe Index for over 1,200 recipes to try at home! The index is fully searchable by both category and ingredient. We hope you love our recipes as much as we do!