Beef Wellington has to be one of the most impressive dishes to serve. It’s made up of tender beef tenderloin, mushrooms and prosciutto, all wrapped up inside flaky puff pastry. Making appetizer Beef Wellington Bites is the perfect way to kick off a great dinner party!
How do you make Beef Wellington Bites?
The process is the same for beef wellington, you’re just making many small wellingtons versus one large one. Here are the basic steps:
- Sear the beef quickly in a very hot pan. Set in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Add finely chopped mushrooms to the pan, also over high heat. Once they’ve released their liquid and are starting to brown, reduce the heat and add minced shallot. You’ll cook this for just a few more minutes until the shallot is soft.
- “Drain” the filling on paper towels, remove the beef from the fridge and pat it dry.
- Roll out two sheets of puff pastry to a large rectangle, about 10×14 inches. Cut each piece into 12 even pieces. You’ll place a tablespoon of the filling onto each square, then a piece of beef. Bring up the corners, flip them over and place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Brush them with an egg wash and bake! Easy peasy.
Looking For Other “Flippin” Amazing Recipes?
Head on over to our Recipe Index for over 1,200 recipes to try at home! The index is fully searchable by both category and ingredient. We hope you love our recipes as much as we do!
Show Us Some “Flippin” Love
Inspired by The Wicked Noodle