Looking For Other “Flippin” Amazing Recipes?
Head on over to our Recipe Index for over 1,200 recipes to try at home! The index is fully searchable by both category and ingredient. We hope you love our recipes as much as we do!
Show Us Some “Flippin” Love
- 6 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (14-oz) can of artichoke bottoms
- 1 (10 3/4-oz) can of reduced fat, reduced sodium, cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tbsp of butter. Saute onions until tender. Add cornstarch to onion, stirring until mixture is thick and smooth. Add artichokes and cream of mushroom soup. Heat and stir until smooth. Add milk and half-and-half. Stir until smooth. Keep on very low heat. In another large saucepan, melt butter, add oysters, and cook on low heat just until edges of oyster curl.
- Drain oysters, reserving liquid. Add oysters to soup mixture. Season with Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and hot sauce. Add some of the reserved oyster and butter liquid to soup mixture, according to taste. Stir and heat soup until very hot but not boiling.
Inspired by Acadiana Profile